Monday, January 13, 2014

A Thing I Learnt Today

This morning, I had a rough start to the day. It totally brought down my mood, and I was cranky all day. I was sitting at the table eating with my mom, and I was rather rude to her. I tried to excuse my behavior by saying, “Oh, I’m having a bad day, I have a right to be cranky, God will understand”
But then I felt as though someone just slapped me in the back of my head, saying,how dare you try to say God will  understand your rudeness. There is no excuse for being disrespectful.
So I took a deep breath. Counted to 10 in my head. And I changed my mood. I totally went from being a cranky crab to positive and laid back Majede. It was insane even I couldn’t believe that within 10 seconds I managed to turn my mood 360 degrees.
I kissed my mom and got her another cup of coffee and she tried to hide it but by the look in her eyes she was just as shocked as I was.
Moral of the story that i learn today : you have control over what you want to feel. Sometimes we all feel the need to be sad or angry because we want people to feel sorry for us so maybe, just maybe they’ll care. But reality is, all you’re doing is rubbing off your negative energy onto them. If you want them to care, give them a reason to. Next time you’re in a bad mood and notice you’re putting everyone else in a bad mood, tell yourself feeling this way won’t make you and anyone around you happier. Count to 10, and for the sake of Allah,change your attitude. It’ll be hard, but it’s the best way to be able to pick yourself up and move along in life.

No comments: